Magnificent 19th-century Burgundian presbytery
France Pro Consult - Uitsluitend en overal in Frankrijk
Information from the seller
In the beautiful Nièvre countryside with its rolling fields, forests, meandering rivers and panoramic views, on a cul-de-sac behind the cute little church of Marigny sur Yonne, lies the beautiful 19th-century Burgundy presbytery, yard, garden and garage. This special presbytery exudes history and charm and has been carefully renovated while retaining many authentic details. The renovation was supervised by the Dutch owner, a former architect.
Upon entering, you are welcomed by high ceilings and beautiful ornaments. On the raised ground floor are a large open-plan dining room with fitted kitchen and utility room and access to the large south-facing terrace. The kitchen is modern and fully equipped, with high-quality appliances and plenty of work and storage space. The living area has a wood-burning stove and reading table. Also on the ground floor is the master bedroom with fitted wardrobes and access to a private bathroom with two sinks, a Jacuzzi bath, separate shower and separate bidet and toilet.
On the first floor are three generous bedrooms all with their own en-suite bathroom (washbasin, shower, toilet) and a study/library. The second floor is currently used as an attic, but could easily be converted into a large play/music room or additional bedrooms. There is permission for a second skylight on the east side. Under the half of the house is a basement with workshop with central heating (2013), electric boiler (200 litres, installed in 2022) and wine cellar. The cellar is accessible from inside and outside.
The garden is beautiful and offers plenty of privacy and peace and gives space to apple trees, walnut trees, grape bushes, pear bushes, blackberries, wild strawberries, wisteria, laurel trees, lilac trees etc. There is also a pond (5m2) with fountain, a compost bin and several smaller terraces to enjoy the sun throughout the day. Here you can enjoy the outdoors and unwind in complete privacy.
The garage allows you to park your car safely and dry. The shed offers enough space for various (large) (garden) tools/furniture. There is an attic/loft above most of the barn and garage.
Next to this rectory is a Gîte, a former village theatre, which has been converted into a residential house by the same owner. The presbytery and the Gîte are in principle sold together, but a possible separate sale is negotiable.
Both the rectory and the adjacent Gîte are not only a wonderful place for yourself, but also offers an excellent opportunity to generate income through rentals through Airbnb. With a total of four bedrooms, the rectory and three bedrooms in the adjacent Gîte offer enough space for at least 14 guests, making it a perfect place for families or groups of friends.
Ground floor (116 sq m), first floor (110 sq m), attic (110 sq m, 55 sq m normal height, 55 sq m pitched roof), cellar (40 sq m) entrance from shutters at entrance as well as from a staircase inside).
- Bedroom with large en-suite bathroom with double washbasin, bath/jacuzzi, window, floating toilet, bidet and separate shower.
- Living room with wood burning stove with functioning stainless steel chimney, large glass doors (which can be opened all the way) to open kitchen.
- Utility room
- Water filtration system
- Attached terrace 15 m2
- Separate toilet in hallway with washbasin
- Three double bedrooms with three en-suite bathrooms each with washbasin, shower and toilet. The fourth room with washbasin is currently used as a library/workroom.
- Attic over the whole house with beautiful wooden beams and a skylight.
Marigny-sur-Yonne is a small village 3 km from Corbigny, a town with a regional function which means there is plenty to do: market every Friday morning; every second Tuesday of the month a large Foire (market with more than a hundred stands) to which the whole region attends. Corbigny has several restaurants-doctors, pharmacies, supermarkets, DIY stores, bike rental, animal and poultry markets, brocantes (flea/antique markets). The canal and the river are the great charms of rural Marigny-sur-Yonne, which lies in an undulating coulisse landscape where sunflower fields bloom here and there, with the white Charolais cows sheep, horses and donkeys.
The house stands behind a church which is only used for special occasions. From here you can walk, cycle (along the canal: no hills!) horse riding, water sports, visit a flea market or enjoy historical and contemporary culture. Golf is a 1-hour drive away.
Sightseeing (within a 60 km radius)
There is plenty to do nearby:
- Large lakes with beaches (8 km to La Baye en Vaux) with possibilities of swimming and boat rental.
- The castles of Villemoulin and Vauban’s famous Bazoches.
- Tannay (12km) a sweet village built against the hills with ancient wine cellars for the mainly white Tannay wines.
- Vezelay (30km) is a highlight of Christian culture and is on the World Heritage list: the rallying point for the Crusades and part of the Camino de Santiago de Compostela: a must for enthusiasts.
- Clamecy (20 km) is a medieval town with narrow alleys and a beautiful cathedral. There is a wonderful museum.
- Avallon (40km) is a hilltop fortified town with nice shops.
- Nevers (60km) is beautifully situated on the Loire and then creeps up to a large cathedral, narrow streets with many small shops, terraces.
- Auxerre (75km) with its beautiful cathedral, lively centre, quaysides and covered markets.
- The famous wine regions: Chablis, Poulliy Fumé, Sancerre are within 1 hour’s drive.
* Price includes contents except valuable or personal objects and artworks.
For whom is the property intended?
For a family
Warm place with a beautiful garden so you can fully enjoy relaxing moments with friends and family.
Visit of the property
If you would like to view the property, we can, at your request, organise a viewing.
The owners will receive you personally. You will have plenty of space and time to see the property and enjoy the surroundings, all without any rush.
If you wish to visit the property, we can, at your request, organise a visit during the presence of the owners.
We look forward to receiving your reply.
Beautiful villages in the vicinity:
- Clamecy (20 km)
- Tannay (12 km)?
Neares villages with shops
- Marigny sur Yonne (3 km)
According to the seller ________________________________
Very well-maintained house. Well renovated with high-quality materials. Natural and peaceful surroundings. Beautiful terrace and garden so you can fully enjoy relaxing moments with friends and family.
Financial features _______________________________________
Technical details _______________________________________
Request for visit / more information
If you would like to make an appointment to visit the property, we invite you to fill in the form below.
Thank you and have a pleasant day.
This property belongs to a Dutch owner. We can help both parties, advise and ensure a successful conclusion of the transaction for the benefit of both parties.
No rights can be derived from the information on this page. The features of this property for sale, although compiled with care, are given subject to supply or availability and errors cannot be excluded. The content of this page is for informational purposes only.